Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Dear expert, We have had in the family 40 years a

Customer Question

Dear expert, We have had in the family for over 40 years a set of 6 silver tea spoons by Thomas Goode and Co Silversmiths. The spoons have elephant heads at the end of the handles, are clearly hallmarked and are presented in their original box which is
in good condition. Can you tell me anything about these spoons and their value please? Many thanks Elaine
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images of a spoon and the hallmarks. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Nora,Please see photos of the spoons and the hallmarks as requested.RegardsElaine
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elaine, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. Cheers, Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elaine, In order for me to properly assess what you have, I will need to see more images of the hallmarks on the spoons at a more extreme close-up that shows the entirety of the mark. Please send at your convenience. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora,I've attached some close ups which I hope will help. These photos were taken with a camera phone so I am also arranging for clearer, closer pictures (from both angles of the hallmark) to be taken later this evening and will get them to you ASAP.RegardsElaine
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. They are only opening to a 1cm x 1cm size with no zoom or enlarge option. I will await different images at your convenience. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora,Just to give you an update on the photos.The spoons are with my sister hence the delay in getting back to you and why I did not take up your kind offer of a phone consultation. My sister is arranging for pictures to be taken this evening with a camera (not phone) in order to obtain close up photos of the hallmark which she informs me is 'G & C' on one side and a silver hallmark on the other. Once she sends the photos I will forward to you accordingly.RegardsElaine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora,Please see attached close ups of the hallmarks on the spoons as requested. I hope these are clear enough for you to assess.RegardsElaine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora,Have you been able to look at the photos I sent on 17/10/15? These were taken with an actual camera and is as close as we can get. Hopefully it is clear enough for you to assess.Many thanksElaine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora,I have been asked a few times to rate your service but I am yet to receive a response from you following the recent pictures I have sent. Can you please let me know your assessment?Many thanksElaine