Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I bought a galley tray at an Aution Sale recently. On the

I bought a galley tray at an Aution Sale recently. On the bottom is stamped " Corporate Mark," there is a crown, with" Granted by, The Cutler Company 1836, Alpha, Viners of Sheffield, England, Chased". Was wondering what you could tell me about my galley tray. Thank you. Chris ***

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,This is a 1960's era gallery tray made of silver plate by Viners of Sheffield, England. The word Chased means that there is a design that was etched into the piece. A gallery tray means that there is a raised and reticulated rim around the tray, called a gallery, to keep items from sliding off when being carried. Alpha Plate is type/quality of silver plating used as a standard. These trays were made in both oval and round form, both having the same value. This piece has a value of $25.00USD or 32.31CAD.Please do click the stars to rate me and to close this question, thank you.