LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I am seeking an approximate value of an original oil painting

I am seeking an approximate value of an original oil painting by the Nigerian artist Kenny Adamson.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is***** have been buying, selling and appraising * since 1970.Can you post a photo of this?1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this pagehttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Wayne,

Unfortunately I do not know how to forward a picture from this computer. The oil painting is 120 cms W x 90cms D. It depicts a black man (Nigerian) playing a cora. It is very unusual and several things change as you continue to look at the painting ie the man s face changes and the cora can be seen as a skull.It atmostpheric with a 'tunnel of light' in the background.

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I would need to see this. I will opt out of and open this question so that others may hep you,Thank you,Wayne
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before you do that, I have taken a picture with my i pad and forwarded to my email address. Can you send me your email address and I will try to forward to you..

Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but my mouse slipped into your question by mistake.Kind regards,Doris
Unfortunately, I cannot find an accurate answer for your question. I will release your question so that all the other professionals can choose to answer you with accuracy.I want you to have the best answer possible. Please do not rate me down because I released your question. Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.I am very sorry.Kind regards,Doris
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would happy to help you. Can you please forward the photos of the painting to***@******.*** and in the subject line please put ladytanya65 they will then forward the photos to me. Here is a bit on the artist I was able to findBiographyAdamson was born in 1951 in Lagos, Nigeria. He studied fine arts the famous Yaba College. According to his website, “He had his first joint exhibition at Didi Museum in Victoria Island, Lagos, in March 1983, ten years later; he had his first Solo Exhibition at the same Museum in 1990 which was declared open by the first Lady Mrs. Mariam Babangida.”In addition to political cartooning, Adamson is celebrated for his painting and sculpture. His sculpture work, in particular, can be found throughout Nigeria and in various international collections. I look forward to helping you. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Tanya,

I must apologise for the late reply. I was trying to find a way of sending a photo of the picture to you. I have now done via my i phone and this computer.

Terence XXXXXX

Hi Terence No problem As soon as I recieve the photos I will post back here. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tanya,

I have sent the photo by email to support @ justanswer.com with your details as a 'subject'. I hope you can retrieve.

Terence

I did get the photo thank you. You stated the measurements are 47 1/4" x 35 7/16" (120cms x 90 cms) It is truly a beautfiul painting. He is known as a cartoonist and artist as his biography said. The value on this painting is $880.00 to 950.00 It would be a hard sell if you are looking to sell it. The African Art scene is just now starting to wake up and realize that painting and sculptures have been undervalued and never thought to produce such exquisite works of art. The man I would say to contact if you are wishing to sell this piece is the African Art Department at Bonhams Auction House - Giles Peppiatt, he is the director of the department and just held an African art auction in London. For customer service 44-20-7447-7447 is phone number in UK email is ***@******.*** General inquiries phone number is ***** If I may be of further service please let me know.
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience: 25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher