ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

8inch by 4inch pewter dish semi nude embosted along 1/3 of

8inch by 4inch pewter dish semi nude embosted along 1/3 of lenth. Markings:-WMFB OX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you could please post clear photos of the dish and all the markings so I can give you an accurate evaluation. Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry no camera so can not post photo. If you are unable to give rough idea, will have to cancel. Sorry Tina
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tina, Let me search my data base and try to see who the maker is and see if I can find any examples of there work. Are you looking for a value or just who the maker is? Thanks Mike
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tina, The markings WMFB stand for WMFB – WMF Britannia Metal (early) the OX is the finish on the piece meaning OX - Oxidised – decoration blackened with potash of sulphur in solution, flat areas polished with pumice. The companies history for WMF and the B is for there British headquarters. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you. .WMF – Wurttembergische Metallwarenfabrik – known as Wurtenberg Electro Plate Company outside of Germany. At the turn of the 1900s this was perhaps the largest maker of domestic metalware in the world.The German version of Art Nouveau known as “Jugendstil” was their speciality. They worked with influential and specialist designers. At their peak with 6000 workers in Germany Austria and Poland their elaborate catalogue showed some 3000 pieces. The catalogue in English was available in 1906 from their British headquarters in Fore Street, London. Founded in 1853 in Geislingen, Germany by 1914 they were able to say that they were able “to supply half the Globe with Electro-Plate and Art Metal-ware unaided”
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your plate? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry i've taken my time repliing. Thanks for the info, what would you put on as a value? Tina
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tina, Yes with todays market checking with similar pieces the value of your piece would range from $140.00 to $195.00 depending on condition in US dollars. I hope this helps you Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for all the info. Tina.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tina, Your welcome if you ever need help in the future just ask. Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tina, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your plate? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Experience: Antique Dealer