Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corproration
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a artists proof of a Debra Stroud 'Northern Lights

Hi, I have a artists proof of a Debra Stroud 'Northern Lights' painting. There were 395 prints made and 39 artists proofs, of which I have number 17. It is mounted and framed. The image itself is 22x28 inches and was released in Summer 2013. Medium used was giclee. Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Thank you for the information.Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.I should be back in 30 minutes.I thank you in advance for your patience.Kind regards,Doris
You may have seen this online biography for Debra Stroud, but in case you have not, here it is:"Debra Stroud was born in Guildford and has travelled far and wide, having a variety of really diverse jobs. Her first creative attempt, at the age of two and a half, was to peel off the nursery freeze that her mother had applied to the wall minutes ealier.she has always had a creative mind and as a child she used to send her inventions to various toy manufacturers. One of her designs was for an all enclosed sledge encapsulated in a sort of gyroscopic pod so that you stayed in a stable position as you hurtled down a snowy hill.The company 'Triang' liked her design and sent her a kind and heartening letter and a doll's cot!Creativity was very much encouraged at her first school in Guildford. Music, art and drama were a daily activity. It was later, at the age of fourteen, that she was inspired by Guildford School Of Art and their photography course. She took armfuls'' of information home from the careers fair and enthusiastically told her parents. Her father said ''No way''! so she lost heart and left school. Much later she took herself to college to sit her exams and went on to read Psychology at Sussex University.She then left Sussex to study Philosophy in London.She draws most of her inspiration from the coasts around the South West, she has been very much inspired by places further afield such as the Seychelles, California and South Africa. she likes to paint in peace and to focus, and for that i need quietness.she works in both watercolour and oil - each is very different and which medium she uses depends on her mood, but it is the sea which draws her back each time." When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value.Applying this standard method to prints, I was able to determine that your Debra Stroud artist's proof #17 out of 39 out of the limited edition 395 giclee prints would have a retail art gallery value of $570-620 assuming good condition.A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you. Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.DorisIf you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.Thank you.
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doris, yes your reply has helped - my apologies for the delayed reply as we have friends over to stay for a few days. Thanks for the comprehensive info, very useful. Yes I will leave a positive review this weekend. Kind regards, Rosie
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.Doris
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.