Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

In 1998, I purchased 3 very large original parchment prints

Customer Question

In 1998, I purchased 3 very large original parchment prints in beautiful frames . I bought them in Selfridges where David Dodsworth was having an excibition. The least amount paid for one then was £1200. The depict stone- age drawings taken from caves in Southern France, where we we told a licence had to be obtained by Mr. Dodsworth. They are stunning, but need to adorn a house with bigger walls than I currently have. As they are originals, I would appreciate a ball- park valuation.
JohnKeatyv
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you could please post clear photos of the parchment prints and all the labels so I can give you an accurate value. Thanks Mike.David Dodsworth is a contemporary artist working in a graphic medium of his own invention. After earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, he set up a studio to experiment with printmaking methods and materials as well as paper-making. He works with thick paints, gold leaf, and other metals that he cuts with a jigsaw. He then casts his exotic papers and carborundum aquatint to develop original intaglio prints in a silicon carbide mixture built onto the surface of copper plates. His unique mixture he presses against the plate to obtain highly textured relief works of art. His imagery is basically abstract. Dodsworth has received a number of prizes – some in Japan and Germany. He was accepted into the Royal Society of Painter Etchers in England. Many large corporations throughout the world own his work-- especially in the U.S., Canada and Europe. Dodsworth is represented by the Park West Gallery, Southfield, Michigan.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.Please send me a photo of one of your prints.To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.I also need the dimensions of each print, not including the matting or frame.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
As I said in my introduction, I cannot take live conversations. Too much research must be done to give my customers "off the cuff" answers via the phone.If you wish me to open up your question to the other professionals, please let me know.Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.I am very sorry.Let me know your wishes.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doris, thank you for you reply. For some reason the site doesn't allow me to send the pictures. Do you have another email address that I can send to now?
Kind Regards
John Keaty
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:Please follow the questions exactly or they will not get to me.Send the picture to,***@******.*** the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals.".In the body of the message put, your user name and name..Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered withJust Answer,so they can verify who you are.This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answertechs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours..They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** right now.
Jk
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Perfect.Be sure to follow the instructions exactly.Kind regards,Doris