ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I have an old violin that has a label inside that says. Louis

Customer Question

I have an old violin that has a label inside that says.
Louis Germain Luther Paris.
Has this any value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes these violins can be worth very good money. If you could please post clear photos of the violin and all the labels so I can give you an accurate value or to give you advice. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you..CareerJoseph Louis GERMAIN began his apprenticeship in Mirecourt before joining Ch. fr. Gand's workshop in 1840 in Paris.From 1840 to 1845 Joseph Louis GERMAIN worked with Ch. Fr. GAND in Paris.In 1845 he joined J.B. VUILLAUME's workshop with whom he stayed until 1850, date at which he was called by Ch. Adophe GAND to take in charge the direction of his workshop.Finally, in 1862, Joseph Louis GERMAIN established himself at 364, rue Saint Denis. His son Emile Germain succeeded him in 1870.Workshop364, rue Saint Denis. Paris.Collaborators & successorsHis son Emile GERMAIN,Labels & StampsTwo different labels the first one from 1862 to 1867, the second one after 1867:-------------------------------------------Louis Joseph Germain LuthierA Paris année 18..-------------------------------------------Joseph Louis Germain; à ParisAnnée ..