Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

A pair of PC Dommersen 1900 seascape oil paintings size 32x

A pair of PC Dommersen 1900 seascape oil paintings size 32x 25cms in original frames
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Pieter Cornelis Dommersen is a listed artist and his pieces do have some value. Please add pictures of each painting, the signatures, and a photo of the back so that I can see any labels and frame construction ( I am looking for whether nails or staples were used on the canvas, a printer's label on the back). You can do this by using the Add Files feature on your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have sent photos they are nails on the back but are covered by tape
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These paintings are original as I inherited them and they have been authenticated with a very very old valuation
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
These paintings were painted by Pieter Cornelis Dommersen (1834-1908) , a Holland/Netherlands/English artist known for marine and street scene painting. These scenes look to be on the Zuiderzee or of Haarlem, two of his favorite harbor subjects. Each painting has a retail value of $6,000 based on current sales of his work and the insurance/replacement value of each is $18,000 for your home insurance.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.