Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a jug,thats hand painted,and on the bottom is the

Hi.i have a jug,thats hand painted,and on the bottom is the name myott,son &co.
also.2, I think are water colours I believe byF.Rollson ?also an old book by john Buchan called"The Thirty Nine Steps"printed1935. also "BIGGLES DEFIES THE SWASTIKA"printed 1941.would love to know if any off these items are worth following up on.thankyou
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
Hello,.My name is***** will be happy to help you..Please Note: I do not do phone calls~ I will not request a phone call !If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me! There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal. I will not ever request a phone call!.We do one item per question if you would like to use this question for the Myott piece I would be happy to help you.Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dear Glenda,ok then. question on the myott piece please.thankyou.
HelloCan you tell me what this looks like and what size it is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi.it is yellow,painted blue,dark yellow,and blue daisy like flowers .green and black leaves.5 1/2 ins tall and 1foot circumferance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and orange daisy.i noticed I typed blue twice
Hello,.This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars! Please Note: I do not do phone calls~ I will not request a phone call ! If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me! There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal. I will not ever request a phone call!.The Myott and Son Co Jug, 5 1/2" tall, early 1900's, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $55.00-65.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. Myott, Son & Co. Limited, a family run business based in the Staffordshire Potteries, England, operated in one form or another for 93 years. Established in 1898, the factory traded to 1902 at the Alexander Pottery, Stoke-on-Trent, Wolfe Street (sometimes referred to as the Wolfe Street Pottery). These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. . Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up..You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item..If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.. Thank you so much! GlendaPS:I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.