LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have pieces of porcelain from Austria probably,with a

Hi, I have pieces of porcelain from Austria probably,with a family crest of an N wrapped in a belt overlapping at the bottom the N is quite decorated difficult to describe The porcelain is white wth blue and Gold leafy type handles. I have what appears to be a small soup tureen and a cake stand I have tried to identify the crest There are no manufacturer's marks underneath. if you could point me in the right direction that wd be very helpful. thank you Sheila
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am one of the experts here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Could you please post photos of the pieces and clear close ups of the crest. I look forward to helping you and these will help in evaluating the pieces.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Tanya, I hope you received photos I sent immediately. I've had notification from you but cannot find the answer! But then I'm told question is closed. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks Sheila
Hello, no I have never received the photos I will email support and see if they have them. I know there were issues earlier this month with emailing but it has been fixed. Thank you for letting me know. I had thought you hadnt sent them. I will post back here and let know when I hear back from them. Did you send them to***@******.*** and "for ladytanya65"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are the photos I sent I hope they arrive then.
yours sincerely Sheila
Thank you Sheila these are perfect. I will work on getting this completed for you and post back here as soon as I am done today. Thank you for asking or I would have never known you sent the photos. -Tanya
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sheila, I have been unable to match the N to any other Austrian pieces. The pattern I have seen on dishes and such so I will be able to evaluate this. The soup tureen style and design is 1780-1800s. The N is a family monogram to which family I can not place. The piece has been broken and repaired. It looks to have been repaired by a specialist of the time I see the gold overlay in the creases of the repair probably around the 1890-1910s period. The tureen has a value of 500-550.00 in the condition it is in today. If there was no repair and perfect in condition value would have been 1500-1800.00 in today's market. If I can help further please let me know.
To sell this you could expect one half to one third the value as dealers or collectors wish to buy lower then value. etsy.com tias.com rubylane.com are all good sites to list this on. collectors check these sites for fine antiques and porcelains.
Thank you and I am glad you were able to post photos here. I have not heard from the support I did email and asked about the photos.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the reply. I'm surprised at the value when we can't trace the crest! I also have a cake stand. My son who lives in Austria is trying to trace it. I will pursue and hope I can find an answer. Yours sincerely Sheila