Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a pair of carved and gilded candlesticks which have

I have a pair of carved and gilded candlesticks which have come through the family.I have searched for years for a similar style,but have found nothing to compare.They were originally purchased at a stately home auction sometime in the early 1900s.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I would love to help!Please add a photo of the candlesticks and look carefully on the bases for any marks. Sometimes marks are placed far apart from each other on different parts of the design, sometimes they are all together in one string on the base, so examine them carefully.Add photos by using the Add Files feature on your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will attempt to send a photo via e-mail to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, would you forward you e-mail address
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
The email is***@******.*** and be sure to put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I got your photo this afternoon. This is a pair of 19th century Italian gilt wood candlesticks. This pair dates to 1820 to 1840 based on the baroque twist (turban-looking detail) towards the bottom of each piece. This pair has a value of $300 to $400 us dollars.
It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.