Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Name of family crest No10 London HM1823 on flatware

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
HelloCan you tell me what you are needing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a set of cutlery made by the above maker comprising a dozen dinner forks, serving spoons, soup spoons, tea spoons and various ladles and was looking for the information about the owner. I have already put in the information which I have.
Hello This is all I can see, it does not say if you are wanting a value or what this is.Name of family crest No10 London HM1823 on flatware. So I am sorry I had no idea what you were needing. Do you have the original wooden box it came in? Is the actual name of the flatware Family Crest? Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want the name of the family that the crest relates to. The makers are William Eley
and William and I wondered if this make a difference if we came to sell it.
HelloI am sorry I do not do phone call requests. Phone calls are not needed to give you the value of the set, they also cost the customer more money. There is no way to find who the crests would belong to, there are hundreds of them that we do not have access to in order to tell you who they are. It will not matter whose crest it is when you sell this. I can give you the value for your set if you can tell me exactly what is on the back of the pieces, and does it say Sterling anywhere or the mark of Sterling which is a Lion ? Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every piece is hallmarked London 1823 made by WE and WF which is William Eley and William Fern. Do you need the weight to value it?
HelloNo, thank you I do not need that. How many total pieces do you have?.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
100
Hello my name is***** will be happy to help you..This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!. The William Eley and William Fern, hallmarked London 1823 Flatware, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $5***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally..Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up..You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item..If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you..Thank you so much!GlendaPS:I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. We appraisers come to the site to answer questions for customers, we do not work for the site. We answer questions then get rated, if we get one of the top two ratings ( stars or smiley faces ) we then get a portion of what a customer put up as deposit or value of the question. It never costs the customer more money to rate us.