Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a very old, very worn but unusual rug. I believe it

Customer Question

I have a very old, very worn but unusual rug. I believe it is Perain in origin. It is unusual as it depicts a scene that is either the garden of Eden with a male and female sitting, various animals and flora. The weft/warp of the rug is quite fine and the rug is hand woven and knotted. It measures approx 7ft x 4ft. Any advice/ guidance around value etc would be appreciated. Regards. Adam
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please post a few photos of the rug for my review. Once I am able to evaluate the rug I will be able to help. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Tanya. Thank you for your response. I have ( hopefully ) attached photos. Regards Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More photos
Hello, thank you for the photos I do have them showing on my end. Please allow me to research a few things and get back to you here in a day or so. I look forward to helping you on this. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing what you find out .