Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have what I think is a chocolate pot from Japan. It's

Hi. I have what I think is a chocolate pot from Japan. It's 7" tall and has a white background with a rust coloured handle and Japanese figures and scenes on each side. Underneath it just says JAPAN. It belonged to my mother who got it from her mother but she never knew where it came from originally. To give some idea she would have been 85 this year. I Don't think it is very valuable but would be interested to know how old you think it is. I'm not sure if I can attach a photo. Kind regards Angela
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello Angela,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add a picture of the pot and of the mark you found on the bottom. You can do this by using the Add Files feature on your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Here are some pictures.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Angela,This is a Kutani Japanese chocolate pot with geisha. It dates to the early 1930's. Kutani means nine valleys and refers to an area/village in Japan where the kilns there decorated in this distinct mostly iron red style. This pot would have had six matching cups and saucers as part of the set. The pot has a current value of $30 us dollars or 21GBP.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.