Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

My husband bought these cuff links at an antiques fair.

Hi. My husband bought these cuff links at an antiques fair. They are black enamel. they're not hallmarked, just say Japan on the back. Are they worth anything please? i don't know what he paid for them.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
These are reproduction Siam silver and niello fan cufflinks. Siam is Thailand now and in the 30's they made sterling and enamel jewelry that was later copied in the 1960's and 70's by Japanese companies. Your set of cufflinks was made in the 1960's. This set has a value of under $20 us dollars or $14 GBP.