Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

HAVE A PORCELAIN FIGURE OF MAN SINGING FROM SHEET MUSIC? HAS

Customer Question

HAVE A PORCELAIN FIGURE OF MAN SINGING FROM SHEET MUSIC? HAS A MARK TWO// STRAIGHT LINES WITH A POSSIBLY AN E ON THE LEFT THROUGH IT AND A b THROUGH RIGHT CANNOT FIND MARK
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom.You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS NOT SURE HOW I ATTACH A PHOTO TO THIS I WILL TRY THROUGH MY EMAIL AND SEE IF THAT WORKS***@******.***
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Please send your photos the email method.This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.Send the picture to ***@******.*** the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals.".In the body of the message put, your user name and name..Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered withJust Answer, so they can verify who you are.This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answertechs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours..They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
I just received the photos. Thank you.I will work on it now.Kind regards,Doris
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Your figurine was made by the Dresden Art Publisher Richard Eckert dating ca 1909-1918.This was a porcelain decorating workshop & distributorship. in Dresden.It became a division of Volkstedt (Germany) Porcelain Factory in 1918 but your exact mark was no longer used.From my research, your singing man figurine would have a retail antiques store value of $275-300 assuming good condition.A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM COMPENSATED BY JA for my time and effort. This is of NO COST TO YOU. Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.DorisIf you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.Thank you.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for the positive rating. If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “Doris” at the first of the question.Thank you again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help i have given you five stars but at the moment no tip but if I SELL IT I will somehow give you one then
This is the first time I have used it and I think I will use it more so hopefully we will be in touch again
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
I do hope you sell it.May I suggest some ideas-The internet has your largest audience of buyers.Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.Tias.comAmazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOAOrAnother method that could be very effective would be to place a classified in the "Maine Antique Digest" It has a large readership of collectors all across the country.I highly recommend this method. They only charge $25 for 25 words in a classified ad. This publication is a monthly newspaper as well as on their internet website.Kind regards,Doris