ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I have the workings grandfather clock that I am trying

I have the workings for a grandfather clock that I am trying to identify. on the workings are the numbers 151885 and an initials I think are hwn. the chimes are Westminster, Whittington and st michael and these are on the face. the face is brass with normal numbers(1,2,3 etc) 1 large pendulum and chains and weights. I have had no luck finding anything about this clock.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 11 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you could please post clear photos of the movement and all the marks so I can try to give you accurate information. Thanks Mike
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Mike. I have a little more info. Took the back off it and it has the name hofmeier winterhalder Germany. They made clocks from 1869 - 1933. I would like to know if it is worth repairing it and any information you could give me. Thank you.
Hi, Hans Winterhalder founded a company called HAWINA Clock Company with 800 employees devoted purely to the exportation of Winterhalder clocks to England, Russia and America during the first decade of the 20th century. Their mark was "HWN". Hawina was eventually sold to the giant German clock firm of Junghans in 1925. The movement as it is right now the value would be around $250.00 - $300.00 US getting the movement cleaned up and re oiled runs about $75.00 to $125.00 US then if there are not any problems with the movement after that the value to a collector or one who needs a period Winterhalder movement the value would be $650.00 to $800.00 US. There movement were of very high quality. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you very much for the information. I actually have 3 clocks all the same. I was hoping to get one good one from the three. My husband wants to make the case for it so I would like to get a picture if possible. Can you help with that. Cheers Vikki
Hi Vikki, They made many different styles but hee are a few. Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Experience: Antique Dealer