Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a potplant holder? with stamp on back which says NWAOSTAFFORDSHIREYWAOIRONSTONE

I have a potplant holder? with stamp on back which says NWAOSTAFFORDSHIREYWAOIRONSTONE in a circle which contains what looks like a phoenix sitting on flames surmounted by the word England. I wonder what date it is. It is a dusky pink with 3/4 pics ob it and gold rim?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. I need photos of this piece and of the maker's marks on it. You can do this by using the Add Files feature on your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have to get back to you. need to take pics!
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Sure, I will get an email alert when you do. Take your time, it is more like email than chat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are pics of it
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the photos. This is a known NWAO/YWAO fake mark on Staffordshire reproductions that have been artificially aged. The planter and under tray come from China and not England and date to the 1990-2005 era when these fakes flooded the market. This set has a value of $15.00us dollars retail currently.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.