Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a signed oil painting of morning of the wedding Signed

I have a signed oil painting of morning of the wedding
Signed GHB 1894
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. ~Rarewares
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The size of the painting including frame is 38x27
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry also the back of the painting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just checking you have received my messages
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have. Please give some time to research for you. You will get an email alert when I respond with my answer on this piece. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a print of a famous painting (the original owned by the Sunlight Soap family heirs) entitled'The Wedding Morning' 1892 by the artist John Henry Frederick Bacon (1866 – 1913).Yours is a reproduction giclee print of the painting. This framed print has a value of $150.00 retail.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This definitely not a print it is an oil painting it's probably hard for you to see it properly from the picture I sent to you .
But for sure its oil in a very old frame I do know the original is in museum
Thank you for time
I will continue to look into the painting and get someone to take a look at it physically that is
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Yes the family loans the original painting to museums.There can only be one original of a painting and any other images are considered reproductions/prints, however they are produced. A giclee print on canvas is very often highlighted with paint strokes and a special varnish to make it look like a painting. Please do look at how many images appear for this piece to understand that it was and still is widely produced in many different forms. https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1536&bih=834&q=the+morning+of+the+wedding&oq=the+morning+of+the+wedding&gs_l=img.3..0i24.23044.28686.0.28876.26.26.0.0.0.0.134.2904.4j22.26.0..2..0...1.1.64.img..0.26.2871.vOuxLr46tHA#hl=en&tbm=isch&q=the+wedding+morning+paintingI enjoyed working with you on this. Please do click the stars now that you have read my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the links I have taken a look
My oil painting is different if you take a closer look the items on the mantel piece are different to the original one .
I am very intrigued to do more research
I bought this oil painting at a antique auction some 28 years ago it came from an elderly ladies estate
I will continue on to see if I can discover more about this particular painting