Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have this picture, I am not sure if its a copy or what .

Customer Question

I have this picture, I am not sure if its a copy or what . The picture is about 24cm by 23cm and on the back is a small label saying it is The winter by Nicholas lancret is it rubbish?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a reproduction painting of Winter by Nicolas Lancret (1690-1743) in 1738. The print or reproduction canvas was created within the past 30 to 40 years, most likely. This original is in a museum and there is only one original of any painting. This was a famous work by this artist and the image was reproduced in many forms by many different companies. It should look similar to the attached picture. This piece has a current value of $60 us dollars or 42GBP. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.