rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in sterling, gold, American and European porcelain and art glass.
68269273

I have a Ginori Ceramic clock case with a french movement,

Customer Question

I have a Ginori Ceramic clock case with a french movement, I think it may be late 1800's. the number inside the case scratched in the surface is 66899 the numbers on the base below Ginori are 179 753 . The Clock is green, blue, yellow and white in a majolica style, with two heads back to back, facing sideways, on the top, looking very Germanic. There is a finial top above the two heads. It stands 40 cm high. Can you identify this for me
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the clock so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Still have not had help with photos,
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean that you are not able to use the Add Files feature?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply I did manage to see them attached to the Add Files feature but I did not see them sent on to you, have you received them now. It would be nice to phone but I am not paying £13 for the privilege.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
No, they are not here. You are welcome to try it again or let's do this instead, email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line of the email so that they will forward to me. This method takes a few hours to get to me, so thank you in advance for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the photos
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention that the clock is not in position as it is away for repair, main spring broke while I was winding it.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a Richard Ginori majolica clock made 1842 to 1860 in a majolica ceramic case . The clock mechanism in these clocks were a Japy Freres two train key wind movement. This clock has a current value of $1200 to $1500.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Experience: Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in sterling, gold, American and European porcelain and art glass.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for this information, would it have been made in Italy and if so where. If another country where ?
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that I wasn't clear on that point. It was made in Doccia, near Florence, Italy. They expanded to other cities (Naples, Milan) in later years.They bought clock faces and movements from France to put in their clocks, so the case it Italian and the clock is French.