Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Have a pair of vases of what I was told was Bristol blue tall

Customer Question

have a pair of vases of what I was told was Bristol blue tall vases with two colored gold birds on them,they look like an ostrich given to my grandmother as a wedding present and were second hand even them, but not much details, has a gold crown on the bottom with the initials MJ England, and the numbers 770 wonder if they had any value and how I could get them evaluated
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.You can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pictures attached of one of the vases
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,This is an English majolica vase made in 1910-1920, maker unknown, in cobalt blue with gold painted cranes, pattern number 770. A pair of vases in this style has a value of $120 to $150. These are not Bristol vases, Bristol is glass and this is a type of pottery/porcelain. I have added an example of another vase with this same mark. https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/245778677/english-antique-cobalt-vase-with-cranes?ref=marketIt is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.