Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corproration
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

We found a water colour in my mother in laws house of loch

We found a water colour in my mother in laws house of loch awe by George g Scott and a pair of vintage leather and buffolo skin chaps and wonder if they have any value from ElaineTodd
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.I am sorry you have been waiting so long.I think the reason is that you are asking about two totally different items.Usually, we only answer about one item at a time. Occasionally, we can do two like items.Still, I studied your questions before I decided to answer and can give you accurate answers.I need a little more information from you.What is the size of your painting, not including the frame? Please do not remove the painting from the frame.I look forward to your reply.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The painting is 15 inches by 11inches
George G. Scott was a 19thC artist who lived and painted in the UK.When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value. Using this standard method of assessment, I was able to determine an auction value of $330 for your George G Scott painting.The buffalo skin and leather chaps have a retail vintage store value of $80-90.A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.DorisIf you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.Thank you.
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
Thank you so much for the positive rating. If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “Doris” at the first of the question.Thank you again.