Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Could you send me the mark of Lewis Mettayer (silversmith)

Could you send me the mark of Lewis Mettayer (silversmith) please? can I send you a photo for a ballpark valuation of a Mettayer silver coffee pot (1706)
Yours,
Adam Carr
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures pf the coffee pot and the marks so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures.I have added an example of a Lewis Mettayer mark. Note that they changed a bit over the years. It was an ME in a lozenge or this mark with ME (bottom mark) in most cases.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please see pics. Not done very well trying to photo marks, but Mettayer mark looks to be a match.Many thanks,Adam.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
The three photos were two of back and one of the side view, none of the mark. I will value for you as if it is his mark, circa 1705 to 1710, this pot would have a value of $4750 to $5100 retail.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I see that you have read my answer. I do hope that this answer was what you needed and that this mark research was affirmed on your pot.Please do click the stars to accept my answer.