Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a solid silver--33ounces--of a rutting stag,by Albert

Customer Question

I have a solid silver--33ounces--of a rutting stag,by Albert ***** ***** of Birmingham.dated 1973.could you tell me approx how much it might be worth if I sold it?thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please tell me if the 33 ounces is troy ounces or plain ounces.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plain ounces
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's plain ounces,how do I tell
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
If the weight states OZT then it is troy ounces. If it states OZ then it is plain ounces we use in measuring many things.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
If you have any kitchen scales to weigh it, that would help. Most kitchen scales weigh in OZ.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 33plain ounces then .thank you
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
From my general knowledge and calculations, your Albert ***** ***** statue, if solid sterling silver, has a retail value of about $2700.I would not sell to a "Cash for Silver or Gold" type venue.Try selling here:The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.GoAntiques.com - more upscale fee basedRubylane.com - more upscale fee basedTias.comAmazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOAcyberattic.comtrocadero.comA private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.DorisIf you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.Thank you.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for the positive rating and bonus! If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “Doris” at the first of the question.Thank you again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure Doris.you did a great job.bought stag for 230 gbp six years ago.seems like I made a good choice.thank you again and take care.x
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
I wish you the best. Albert ***** ***** is well-known and respected.Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have good weekend and hope to see you soonūüėÄ
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.