Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an antique China Tea service 10 place setting, trying

Customer Question

I have an antique China Tea service 10 place setting, trying to identify approximate date and manufacturer.
Stamp is as follows: Lion, ( full body in standing position, side view, facing left,
A horizontal thick patterned line is directly under the lion
The letters R & D underneath this line
The numbers 2390 are on some pieces
The number 5 is stamped separately on most pieces
Description: delicate floral pattern on outer rim of plates and saucers with gold rim and garlands of yellow flowers on a peach colour, central area of plates and saucers is plain cream. The floral pattern is repeated on the interior of the cups, jug and bowl.
I appreciate any information you can provide.
With thanks,
Enda
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. Use the same email that you used to create your account. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.