Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Silver item marked "EP" with "RR" and "S" and Double RR join

Customer Question

Silver item marked "EP" with "RR" and "S" and Double RR joined together backwards ( two circles with 3 legs.
I assume EP is short for EPNS?
Michael Shaw
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Yes, the EP is short for electroplated silver.Please send me a photo of the mark.You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.Kind regards,Doris