Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a 15 piece set of a coffee/tea set made by marushin

i have a 15 piece set of a coffee/tea set made by marushin with a lady in a purple dress and a man beside her
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.I will need to see pictures of the set and any marks on the bottom. To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have enclosed the pictures you asked for
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.This is a tea set made by Marushin of Kyoto, Japan in the 1950's. This is lustre ware porcelain, the term for the iridescent glaze used on porcelain. The design is a transfer scene of a courting couple to mimic similar designs coming out of Germany during the same time period. This set consisting of coffee pot, tea pot, creamer, lidded sugar and six cups and saucers has a value of $100 to $125.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.