How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rarewares Your Own Question
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 11844
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Rarewares is online now

I have a Japanese vase with, v y karbares. And 002 pressed

This answer was rated:

I have a Japanese vase with, v y karbares. And 002 pressed into base. Thank you
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are a few photos,thank you.***@******.***
You had mentioned v y karabares and I do not see that. Can you show that in a photo?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hope you get this, new to all this
That's VV Karraresi (sometimes spelled with a C and most people mistake the letter v for the letter y).Karraresi was an Italian company that painted Asian decor. Their pieces are made in Calenzano Firenze (Florence, Italy) in the 1950's. They made transferware, painted pieces, Imari style, all with stickers on the bottom. I am sure yours fell off long ago (see photo).This vase has a value of $20 to $25.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer, thank you!
Rarewares and 4 other Antiques Specialists are ready to help you