Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a set of six badly tarnished teaspoons, with a similar

I have a set of six badly tarnished teaspoons, with a similar patter to "Kings" on the handle. They are marked "Niagara Falls Silver Co 1877 on each spoon and, apart from tarnish, they appear to me, a non-expert, to be in good condition. Are they likely to have any value and, if so, how should I sell them? Should I clean them.
Dianne
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of one spoon and the mark on the back. Once I see these photos, I can complete my answer for you, thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in the middle of being the second pair of hands for my husband and he's the "add files" guy in this outfit so I'm not going to be able to do this for a while
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Understood! In the meantime, I will do some research and try to answer without the photos so that the add files guy does not have to be bothered!
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Dianne,I can do this without photos.I added a picture of the pattern that I think you have based on the info you provided. Your set of six teaspoons are silver plated ( not sterling) made by 1877 Niagara Falls Silver Company, a division of Oneida Silver. Your spoons were made in 1895 and this pattern is called #1731 or Niagara Falls Three. It is safe to polish these with Wright's Silver Cream or the equivalent in the UK. The set of six teaspoons have a value of $20.00 usd or 14.00GBP.It is important to click the stars after you have read this answer, thank you!