Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have found a crest with a dove surrounded by a brown belt

I have found a crest with a dove surrounded by a brown belt : below the belt are the scales of justice and written on the outside of the belt is "PEACE and JUSTICE". Can you tell me what this is the crest of ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the front and back so that I can get visual clues of the crest.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I want to identify is a CREST. It does not have a back ! I am afraid I do not know how to send pictures on a computer so if you are not able to help from a description you can just refund the £16 you have taken from my account. Thank you.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, your original description was not clear. I will do my best without photos but I need some context. Is this crest engraved on an item? This is what is not clear and why I thought it was on a belt. Is the Peace and justice written in English or Latin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The crest is on a white saucer with a gold rim which was in a box of oddments bought at an auction sale-- no marks on the bottom of the saucer except AI.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is the saucer to a cup that celebrated Armistice day on November 11th, 1918. The banner you describe is the Armistice day banner that represented end of World War I. This type of cup and saucer were made by several different companies well after the war, since you are in England, yours is likely a Chelsea-made saucer. There is a nominal value of less than 10 us dollars, but I feel you were more interested in knowing the meaning of the symbols.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very interesting. As you realised I was not thinking of the saucer having any monetary value but just wondered what the crest signified. Thank you very much for your help.