Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a figurine that was given to my grandmother on her 21st

I have a figurine that was given to my grandmother on her 21st birthday in 1935. She always referred to it as Puck and it is a black figurine of a sitting imp. It has the pottery mark Made in England and the no 842. Can you tell me what it is?
Can send an image
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am having trouble getting it to accept the second image
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My apologies, I do conduct phone calls, however I am located in the US and so I only do calls in America. I can send in a request for you if you like. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO am happy with online contact but am having difficulty sending the second pic with the mark.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the first picture?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, There are no images showing here on my end. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert ~OR~ You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to try again. Have closed the browser and reopened from you email. Thanks for that. Will try to attach the pics again. My 9:25 msg shows an image pinned.
cheers,
Wanda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Overtime I try the attach files I get a JAVA SCRIPT ERROR. I WILL CLOSE DOWN AND TRY AGAIN. MEANTIME I HAVE EMAILED THE PICS. SORRY TO CAUSE SO MUCH TROUBLE.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I will let you know know when the email images get forwarded to me. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just been able to identify it as an early Sylvac. (I have never been able to find it before in any catalogue but found it at***@******.*** this afternoon. Can you give me an estimate of the value I should insure it for.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes, I can help with that for you. These are quite desirable and can sell for $300 - $500 on today's market. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $600. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
US dollars?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes, USD - what is the currency conversion for you? ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1.5 approx so $440 to $730 NZ
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes, by today's currency conversion about 441.25NZD - 735.42NZD and 882.50NZD. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You. I think I may try to sell it as I am getting older and have to downsize. Great help.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It is certainly quite sale-able currently, good time to do so. ~Nora