ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

Lord Nelson 50th anniversary Battle of Trafalger Tankard with

Lord Nelson 50th anniversary Battle of Trafalger Tankard with Pewter lid. Royal Maritime Museam on lid
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The value of the tankard in good condition $45.00 US dollars to excellent condition $65.00 US dollars. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.. Bone china tankard with a cast pewter lid and thumbpiece. The white body is printed in full colour with a design by Mark Meyers depicting 'HMS Victory' breaking the French line at Trafalgar; on the other side, 'Temeraire' and the Spanish flagship 'Santissima Trinidad'. There is a portrait of Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson (1758-1805) after Lemuel Abbott opposite the handle. The pewter lid, designed by David Cornell, is cast with the three anchor device of the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich's former coat of arms and inscription 'NATIONAL MARITIME MUSEUM'. The foot of the tankard has a gilt border of rope, anchors, ship's wheels and shells. The tankard was commissioned by the museum to mark its fiftieth anniversary, 1937-1987. The base is inscribed 'THE NATIONAL MARITIME MUSEUM NELSON'S VICTORY AT TRAFALGAR by Mark R. Meyers (facsimile signature) ROYAL WORCESTER 1937. 50TH ANNIVERSARY TANKARD. 1987'.Date made1987Artist/Maker Meyers Mark Worcestor Royal Porcelain Co.Place made Worcester Porcelain Factory, Worcester, EnglandCredit National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London. We regret that Museum enquiries have not been able to identify the copyright holder and would welcome any information that would help us update our records. Please contact the Picture Library.Materials pewter; porcelainMeasurements Overall: 182 x 148 x 114 mm
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your Lord Nelson 50th anniversary Battle of Trafalger Tankard ? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very helpful indeed many thanks David