Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an EPNS mug with the mark of a bee, each wing has an

Customer Question

I have an EPNS mug with the mark of a bee, each wing has an S on it and the body a B (or possibly an R). The EPNS mark is followed by A1. Wonder who made it and perhaps when?
Mike *********
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the mug and mark so that I can get visual clues of the maker, date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello - have had problems with Firefox crashing and files taking ages to upload – hope they are with you now.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,This mark is actually listed as an unidentified mark under marks for Sheffield silver plate, so it is an English piece. The EPNS A1 indicates Electro Plated Nickel Silver in quality A1. The type of mark and style of the cup indicates a time period of 1910 to 1920. If it is an unusually small cup, it is called a baby cup. If a regular size, then it would have been part of a larger set, perhaps as a punch bowl set based on the shape of the cup.This piece has a current value of $10 to $15.00USD.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.