Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Second Edition copy of "Practical Treatise on Alkaline

I have a Second Edition copy of "Practical Treatise on Alkaline Salts, chiefly Silicate of Soda, Chlorate of Potash, Phosphorics, Nitrates of Soda and Potash, Nitric Acid, Gunpowder &c., Their Manufacture and Application. by ***** *****,M.A., PH.D., F.R.S., and Henry Watts, B.A., F.R.S., F.C.A., illustrated with numerous wood engravings.
London: H. Bailliere,***** 1867.
I have not been able to find many copies of this book in Libraries around the world and was interested if this copy had any value.
Richard Simpson
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,This book Practical Treatise on Alkaline Salts, chiefly Silicate of Soda, Chlorate of Potash, Phosphorics, Nitrates of Soda and Potash, Nitric Acid, Gunpowder Their Manufacture and Application has a current value of $250 to $275USD or 177 GBP to 195 GBP.I did find one in Australia for $258USD for sale and it is considered a rare book if it is still in good condition with no foxing or damage to the pages and a secure spine.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.