Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I Have a very old white bone china (Porcelain) Tea Bowl and

I Have a very old white bone china (Porcelain) Tea Bowl and Saucer painted with a red lead leaf pattern, painted on outside of bowl and inside of Saucer, It has a small split in the Saucer re the Firing. It has no mark on it to indicate the maker. The porcelain feels very fragile to the touch. In the centre of the Bowl and Saucer there is, looks like a painted sheaf of wheat.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the set so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope these photo's come through clearly. Sandra
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Sorry for the delay, we must have just missed each other last night.This is not bone china, but is a circa 1820-1850 English Staffordshire pearl ware handle less cup and saucer with sprig design.This type of ware was typically unmarked and hand painted, so there are not pattern names and is less known by makers and is commonly referred to as early Staffordshire pearl ware.Potteries like Sunderland, Adams, Hancock, and many others in Staffordshire, England made this type of item in the 1820-50 time period.This cup and saucer has a value of $60.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.