Diane in PA
Diane in PA, Antiques Researcher
Experience:  14 yrs. selling/researching antiques, art, books, jewelry +.
54343404

How do I cover black and silver paper with paint

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diane in PA replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you with your question about covering paper. I'll need some more clarification though. What type of paper are you trying to paint over? Is this a metallic wallpaper? Or are you doing a handmade craft?I'd also like to know your name. :)Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is wallpaper and it is black and silver strip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is gill
Hi Gill,Apologies for the wait time. Have you tried primer or paint with primer? Maybe you can do a square 60cm test section (at the bottom corner of the room) with some high quality primer. Allow it to totally dry 2-3 hours, and see 1) how it covers, and 2) if it bubbles or ripples the paper. If all looks well, continue painting with that, using the same amount on the roller that you did with the test section.What color are you attempting to paint with?
Hi Gill. Did you try a test area like I suggested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet
OK, thank you. Please let me know when you do, because it often depends on the type paper. I'm curious to know the outcome. :-)