Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I am looking walker & hall silver & ivory letter opener

Customer Question

I am looking for a walker & hall silver & ivory letter opener with a perpetual calender in handle ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be happy to help you. .This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!.The Letter Opener has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $300.00-325.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally..Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up..You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item..If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you..Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site. .Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site. . The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.Please take the time to rate me,Thank youGlenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to know where I can purchase a walker & hall silver & ivory letter opener & NOT TO SELL ONE
Please excuse my mistake. I mis read the question, assuming you wanted a value. I am sorry you felt a negative rating was in order for me making a mistake. I would have been happy to correct the problem, given the chance. Good luck finding the opener.Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you help me to find what I am looking for or is this a service YOU DON'T provide
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IF YOUR SERVICE DOES NOT HELP ME TO FIND THE ANTIQUE ITEM I AM LOOKING TO PURCHASE THEN I WOULD LIKE A REFUND AFTER MY FREE TRIAL PERIOD
Yes that is a service the site provides, the problem is finding one for sale. These sell as fast as they get on the market. This company had one it sold ; http://woodys-antiques.com/stock/505,silver-ivory-letter-opener.html This is the only one that comes up on the internet and it sold. These do not last long at all on the internet. They are very popular. I can suggest that you contact Replacements.com, they will search the world looking for this for you. When they find it they will contact you, and you want purchase it from them. You just contact them by email tell them what you are wanting. They have shoppers all over the world who shop for them. I will also keep your information and keep searching to see if I can find this for you. If all possible I would really appreciate a reversal of the bad rating, this impacts my job on the site. .Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to give GLENDA B a higher rating but do not know how?
HelloYou already did, thank you for that. I appreciate it very much.Hope you have a great weekendGlenda