ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

Found a cutlery set insignia plate L&W E.P.N.S A.I I

Customer Question

Found a cutlery set
insignia plate
L&W
E.P.N.S
A.I
I was wondering what the history behind them mite be. They are engraved with the letter H
Thanks in advance
Ronan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ronan, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The L & W was for Lee & Wigfull the E.P.N.S. stands for electro plate nickel silver. the letter H monogramed on the cutlery set was probably the first initial of the previous owners last name. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you. LEE & WIGFULLLEE & WIGFULL (SHEFFIELD) LTDSheffieldGeorge S. Lee was active in Charlotte Street Works, Sheffield, together with Henry Wigfull.The firm was described as Manufacturing Silversmith, Electro Plater and Britannia Metal Smith. The partnership between George Shadford Lee and Henry Wigfull was dissolved in 1870. The business was continued by Henry Wigfull under the same style and address (John Street Works, Sheffield). The firm was converted in 1899 into a limited liability company under the style of Lee & Wigfull (Sheffield) Ltd. The firm used the trade mark INSIGNIA PLATE
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ronan, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your cutlery set? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.