Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have acquired a very old book 6" x 4" red velvet (worn condition)

I have acquired a very old book 6" x 4" red velvet (worn condition) gold lettering on the front entitled The Golden Legend with a fleur de leas type pattern underneath and illustrated by C M Watts chosen by H D Madge, LL.M it was printed by Chiswick Press, Charles Whittingham & Co London - New Edition 1910. Inside the front cover it has been signed by four brothers dated xmas 1915, when I have investigated the brothers history, it seems unusual - Ralph P Thimann, Eric H Thimann, Kenneth V Thimann and Cedric I Thimann the book says, to Dear Mee-Hin with love from the four boys. Xmas 1915. I have been trying to find out if this book is worth any or nothing at all and would love your help. There are a couple of pages missing but the pages are in excellent condition and there is a little book mark that is very worn, but intact. Regards, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
HelloAre you wanting the current market value of the book?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and also like to know if it is a rare collectors item?Thanks,
HelloNo, it is not rare. There are just not many on the internet. Some can be found in paid to view data bases. .This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!.The The Golden Legend Book, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $60.00-75.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. .Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. .You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item..If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you..Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site. .Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site. . The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see..Please take the time to rate me,Thank youGlenda