Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

A painting by edouard detaille ---the charge of the calvery

a painting by edouard detaille ---the charge of the calvery ---- 1890.what value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a large piece about 36 inches by 24 inches wide in a ornate plaster frame, it was given as a gift in 1923 and is still in the same family. it seems to be a water colour and ink so its probaly a print. the question would be 1. does his work have any real comercial value and 2 is it saleable . thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Would you be able to provide images? ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not at this time , be happy with your best guess . thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If it is a framed color lithograph print in ornate frame, at the size of 36" x 24", and dating to at least 1923, it can sell for a high average of $250 - $300. If it is an original watercolor painting by Detaille from 1890, the auction estimate would be $6000 - $8000 with a potential to exceed the high estimate range. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora