Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corproration
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

My friend has asked me to find a value 8 place setting

My friend has asked me to find a value for a 8 place setting Aynsley bone china pattern name Coronet. Also has 8 soup mugs.It appears to be elusive on my internet search. It belonged to her mother but she has no idea of the age. Do you have any knowledge of this pattern
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me. I need to know more about your set.How many people does your set serve?How many pieces does each person have?What serving pieces do you have? These can add as much as 30-50% to the value of the set.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is an 8 place setting 5 piece with soup mug and underplate or saucer (all are stamped with the number 4615 and some have a single digit number elsewhere on the plate...I will put the number behind the proper piece) of dinner plate(6), tea cup and saucer, bread & butter plate...6 1/4" (13), salad plate...8 1/2 "(13) and a soup mug(4) with an underplate or saucer...6 3/8"(8 and 13). No other pieces.
Thank you for the information.Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.I thank you in advance for your patience.Kind regards,Doris
John Aynsley & Sons, Ltd., is located in Longton, Staffordshire, UK. It was established in 1864 and continues today as a division of Waterford Glass.Your pattern, Coronet, was produced 1993-1996. It is one of the less expensive patterns of Aynsley formal china.My research indicates that your set has a retail, vintage store value of $465-500 assuming good condition.As for where to sell.....If you want to sell quickly at wholesale prices, try one of these sites.I do not know where you live so I will make suggestions for three countries.In US:ChinaLane.comChinaFinders.comChinaReplacements.comIn UK:ChinaSearch.co.ukMatchingChina.co.ukChinaMatchers.co.ukReplaceYourPlates.co.ukAustralia: http://www.allthegalleries.com/dealers/porcelain.htmlOnline auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.Artfire.comBonanza.comAmazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOAThese sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.GoAntiques.comRubylane.comTias.comcyberattic.comtrocadero.com How to pack and send china:China is best packed with 2 paper plates between the plates, platters and saucers. Then wrap a few plates together with several layers of bubble wrap. Tape the loose ends of the bubble wrap together.For cups and bowls, wrap separately with a couple of layers of bubble wrap.Put a several inch layer of crunched newspaper in the bottom of each packing box.Arrange the heavier items on the newspaper first. Then add the cups and small bowls on top of the heavier pieces.In a second box, crunched newspaper, stacked plates face up, not on edges followed by lighter items.Before putting the newspaper in the bottoms, reinforce the bottom and sides of a strong corrugated box with cut corrugated sheets (cut from another box). Then start with the crunched newsprint.After filling each box up to about 5 inches from the top, put several inches of crunched newsprint on the top of the stacked china.Firmly tape the box closed with several layers of tape.Write two things on all the sides of the boxes - "Fragile" and "Top" with arrows pointing to the top.On the top, write "This side up."For expensive items, the Postal service will allow one to purchase higher insurance.If possible, ship two-day service. This eliminates long trips with boxes transferred from truck to truck.A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.DorisIf you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.Thank you.
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.