Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Grafton coffee set probably dates back to the thirtees

I need replacement cups three in quantity
The pattern looks like rose hips with a green and black band round the rim
The number is *****
They are bone china and about two inches high
Thank you for any help advice
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the pattern and any marks on the bottom.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two pictures enclosed
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
There was just the one photo.Just let me know what you set is comprised of, we won't bother with more photos.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set is composed of coffee jug, milk jug. and six saucers and three cups
My aim is to obtain three replacement cups to complete the set
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a Grafton China tea set from the 1930's and the pattern would be referenced by the numbers in red on the bottom of the cup. The photo is blurry, but it looks like 5950 or 5950N. They did not have names for all of their patterns, so the number would serve as the best reference.The value of your set is $150 to $160 GBp currently and more cups and saucers are about 15.50GBP per set.We are not a china finding service, but I did look via image searches and numbered pattern searches for more cups and did not find any out there right now. It would be good for you to do a search every now and then when you have time because new items are placed online everyday.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot continue or make a response as my browser ,Safari tells me it cannot find your server
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the exchange has revealed nothing I did not already know