Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Please can you advise what this vase is called and what the

Please can you advise what this vase is called and what the marks are on it? I brought this for 50p from a house clearance, it is very heavy and no chips or cracks it stands 9.1/2" tall and 4" wide. Would also like to know if this is worth anything. Thanks Carolyn. I have attached some photos so hope they help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shantel, thanks for getting back I have two outstanding antique questions on my account and they have not been answered at all, one of them has been closed. I was a little disappointed as my £33 subscription was taken for the month, but I have had no answers as yet. Hope you can assist to resolve the matter. Thanks, Carolyn.
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am sorry this took me so long, I did not see this question was for me until this morning..The Vase is a Chinese Hand Carved Soapstone, circa: early 20thC around 1920. I cannot read what the marks mean, I cannot read Chinese. There are few people who can read the old Chinese Language. I can give you the value of this though if you are still wanting that? Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Glenda thank you for the reply, I would appreciate a value for the vase. Thanks,
Hello my name is***** will be happy to help you. .This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!.The Vase has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $150.00-175.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally..Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. .You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item..If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you..Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site. .Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site. . The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.Please take the time to rate me,Thank youGlenda
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.