Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an old Asprey & Co Ltd letter opener. It has

Hello. I have an old Asprey & Co Ltd letter opener. It has 4 stamped marks;
- 4 leaf clover shape with large A & small & co ltd
- Lion in rectangle
- Lions Head in rectangle
- letter N in a rectangle
Blue box is very nice with all the silk etc in good condition. knife is nearly 8 inches in length? What do the stamps mean & would it be worth anything? Many thanks.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the opener and the marks you have described. These are silver assay marks and the shapes around the symbols and the type style of the N are things that I need to see in order to date the opener.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. The money has been sent via paypal. Looking forward to some information please. Regards, Guy
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
There is one photo of the closed box. Try to add photos one at a time. For example, add photo, put pic2 in the text box, hit send then do the next. This feature does not do multiple uploads at once and I think that is why only the one came through. Sorry for the extra work!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture Herewith.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture Herewith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Final Picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm hoping you have received the 4 photographs? Regards, Guy
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Perfect! I will work on this now and be back to you in a few with an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is an Asprey & Co of London sterling silver letter opener dated 1968 with a Prince of Wales feathers terminal, weight is approximately 2.2 tr.oz.The lion is the mark for sterling, the lion head is the city mark for London, the lower case n in a square in the date mark for 1968.This letter opener in original box, has a value of $110 to $140.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.