Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

Silver? candle holder with original glass interior marks w/s

silver? candle holder with original glass interior marks w/s flag with s at base and 5771A1 ref
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry the marks are not clear but they are as i stated
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, At your convenience, please provide a photo of the object in fully put together form with the glass insert inside and the cap or lid on it if that is how it appears. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no lid
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the additional image. This is a condiment serving piece with blue cobalt glass liner. It would have come with a small serving spoon. If it were a votive candle holder, the blue glass insert would be more visible and not 'covered' by the metal casing. The mark in the flag is W&H, note not W&S, for Walker & Hall. The A1 indicates this is a silverplated piece and not sterling silver. The S below the flag is the date mark for 1948. The numbers 51771 are the pattern mold numbers. On today's market, this can sell for an average of $10 - $15. Here is a link for you to a comparable visual match to your condiment server:http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-walker-hall-silver-plated-238658939 Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks not a problem wot oi have come to expect!!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future. When you post a new question, please add "For Nora Only" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, watches, sewing machines, musical instruments and firearms. Sincerely, Nora