Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have prints by Sir Edwin Landseer, High Life & Low Life,

I have prints by Sir Edwin Landseer, High Life & Low Life, dated 1897, do they have any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora,
photo attached not great I'm afraid. print size 53x39cm approx.
Regards Steve
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the image. In the margins, at the lower left and right of the printed images, is there very small print there stating the publisher name? ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Text as follows, other text refers to the artist - London printed & published February 15th 1897 by the national art society, 10 Lancaster place, strand, WC all rights reserved
engraved by CC Hollyer
Steve
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve, Thank you for the additional information and for your patience. You have late 19th century prints of engravings that are based on paintings by Sir Edwin Landseer (1802 - 1873). The paintings were 'translated' into engravings by printmaker, C.C. Hollyer, or Christopher Charles Hollyer (1836–1874) and then later published by The National Art Society. On today's market, your framed Landseer prints, measuring 53x39cm can sell for $70 - $100 each. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the info, can I get info on more prints for the same £26 or do I need to pay more?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You are welcome. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future, however I only assess one item or matched set per question here. When you post a new question, please add "For Nora Only" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, watches, sewing machines, musical instruments and firearms. Sincerely,Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~ Thank you for the positive rating here! Much Appreciated. Feel free to personally request me anytime here by adding “For Nora Only” at the beginning of new questions. Sincerely,Nora