Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a gold small monkey. It looks gold and has what looks

Customer Question

I have a gold small monkey. It looks gold and has what looks like a chinese stamp on the bottom. It looks regal has pearl eyes and it looks like its holding a coffe bean. Can you tell me where it came from and its meaning. Thanks.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you recieved my pics.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
One of the bottom. Add one of the piece itself and let me know the size.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The size is 1and half inch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you recieve last picture and size.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a Thai Jao Por Heng Jia or Chinese Monkey God Bucha statuette in the Success Posture.Made in the image of a circa 2554 pure gold figure in the Wat Sam Jeem temple.These figurines are used in Buddhist empowerment ceremonies and are kept for general good fortune.This statuette is 24k gold with pearl eyes. The value of this piece is $1500.00USD or 1035.00GBP.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Thats very interesting to know.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
There should be a series of stars at the top of your page. Please click all five and hit submit. This alerts the site to credit me for answering you today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. If i wanted to sell my monkey where would be the best auction. I live in newark and nottinghamshire uk.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
http://www.nicholasmellorsauctioneers.com/home/4589722177I would suggest you contact this local auction (click on the link above) and arrange a meeting to view your piece.