ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I inherited a pearl necklace from my Grandmother, they are

Customer Question

I inherited a pearl necklace from my Grandmother, they are described by the receipt as "Cultured Pearl necklet with diamond snap" They were bought on the 4th August 1942 from Gowland Bros Ltd, 48, Corn Hill, London, EC3 for £25. They are about 20 inches long.
I just wondered if you knew what the value of them today would be?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Sorry to hear about your break in. The pearl necklace w/ diamond snap depending on the quality of the pearls A - AAAA from good condition $725.00 to excellent condition $1050.00 in US dollars. I hope this helps you. Thanks MikeIf you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your pearl necklace? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have some other items that I'd love valued how much would these be:
George Gensen Pearl earrings - Danish silver, perched ears Ref: 100A bought in 1955 on the 4th November at 4 pounds 10shillings, re-valued in December 1981 at £75.853 brilliant ring mounted all in platinum on 27th April 1942 for £30 from FL Lewis Ltd, Union Bank Buildings, 1 Hatton Garden, London, EC1 - a diamond engagement ring15KT Gold Leaf & Pearl Earrings C... purchase from Marshall Field in Chicago in 1987I would really appreciate your help with these valuations
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I don't know any details about this necklace, but I inherited this also & believe it is silver - just wondered if you recognised it?
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I do not recognize the necklace but if it is silver it should have markings on it such as .925, sterling or a lion passant that is a standing lion with one paw held up. For the other items you have to open a new question and I would be happy to give you an evaluation on your items please provide photos of the items you wish to have valued and if you like you can use my name in the front of your new question. Thanks Mike