Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Please could you advise what this vase is called, I got it

Please could you advise what this vase is called, I got it from a car boot sale and it is really unusual, I have researched online, but cant find another like it to compare. I have found out that the bronze/gilt marks are genuine Qianlong Nian Zhi and as you can see from the vase, it is very old and shows a lot of age (most probably needs a good clean), but I will not touch it. The vase is 14" high and 5" wide, the four dragon markings are also unusual as are the chains to the handles?. I would love to know if this is worth anything and it is a genuine item to up to auction. Appreciate your help once again, Carolyn.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a Qianlong Nian Zhi (Qianlong period make) Qing dynasty (1644-1912) bronze parcel gilt vase with garlic top and ringed handle.These were normally created in pairs. The rings are decorative and did not serve a purpose but do indicate a late 1800's time period as the earlier vases did not have these handles but rather an elephant or swan head. This vase has a current value of $900 to 1100GBP, and I am sure you paid nothing close to that for it. Good buy!It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.